Elegant Living Room Designs
While every homeowner will have a distinct and individual expression of style, the universal desire is to live in an elegant space. A luxury drawing room could be traditional, modern or minimal in its aesthetic but elegance goes beyond any particular design style. An elegant living room interior design is meant to ensure that the space looks good regardless of the style. This is achieved through using good-quality materials, creating a neat arrangement, choosing furniture pieces that work in harmony and adding décor accents that enhance the design.
Essentials of an Elegant Living Room
- Furniture goes a long way in creating an elegant aesthetic in a rich luxury living room. The sofa takes center stage, given that it will inevitably be the focal point of the elegant drawing room design. It is a good idea to select the right sofa first, one that fits well within the space, and then buy other pieces that complement it.
- Over-accessorizing can make your luxury living room look crowded and take away from the elegance of the space. Selecting suitable décor objects and accessories and their placement goes a long way in making an elegant drawing room design. It should be neat and not come in the way of moving freely.
- A neutral colour palette for the walls helps draw attention to the interior décor, furniture and furnishings, so choosing muted tones, creamy whites and pastels will ensure the other elements stand out.
- Layering with well-chosen pillows, bold artworks and the right lighting fixtures are important considerations when it comes to elegant living room ideas.
All about Elegant Living Room Interior Design, Décor, Furniture and Colour Schemes
- Harmonizing the elements while planning an elegant living room interior design, such as furniture and décor, the colours, etc., is another significant aspect of the elegant room design.
- When it comes to décor, going overboard with objects, even artworks and plants will make the space seem too cluttered. An elegant living room design should be about going easy on the things placed around the house, choosing soft furnishings that work well with the upholstery and creating a seamless look.
- When it comes to elegant living room furniture, choosing pieces that work well within the allocated space is very important. For example, a bulky sofa, even if it is stylish, will not work well in a compact space.
- It is important to find furniture pieces that are appropriate for the space, in materials that complement each other and create a crisp and interesting aesthetic.
- A neutral colour scheme is best suited for an elegant living room design. It allows homeowners the freedom to experiment with the colour of the furniture and soft furnishings, adding in bold accents through the upholstery and artworks.
- When it comes to lighting fixtures, elegant false ceiling designs for the luxury living room design will ensure that recessed or cove lights add style to the space.
Elegant Small Living Room Ideas
- A compact rich luxury living room can still incorporate elegance through smart planning, like minimizing the amount of living room furniture. Using visually light pieces, such as a sofa or chair with slim legs is a good idea.
- Neutral colours for the walls with bright accents through upholstery and soft furnishings are a great way to create an elegant small living room.
- A crisp, minimal aesthetic is the ideal option for a small living room, so limited accessories, light colours and multifunctional furniture that is not bulky is the best way to ensure elegance in a small space.
Apart from a luxury living room design, explore these other styles:
Modern Living room | Indian Living room | Small Living room | Minimalist Living room | Contemporary Living room | Industrial Living room | Rustic Living room